Road survey equipment.


Get Your License

Each type of license or certificate has different requirements and application procedures:


Land Surveyors

On-site Designers and Inspectors


Renew Your License

Things to Know

License expires every 2 years on your birthday. You can renew 120 days before your license expires

For Consumers

Engineers discussing blueprints

Look Up a License

Find out if an engineer, land surveyor, or firm has a valid license

Two surveyors in the field

File a Complaint

Learn how to file a complaint against an engineer, land surveyor, or firm

An array of drawings and engineering/surveying tools

Disciplinary Actions

See a list of engineers & land surveyors disciplined for licensing violations

Gears with the words law, standard, guideline, rule, and regulation.

Rulemaking Activity

See rules currently being developed by the Board

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, you can still work in Washington as an LSIT if you have taken and passed your LSIT in another jurisdiction as long as you are working under the direct supervision of a Professional Land Surveyor. When signing your name on emails, correspondence etc. you will use your name - LSIT State (example John Smith - LSIT CA)

You can send us an email at or you can log into your account and update your address online.

No, the Designated Engineer and/or Land Surveyor must be licensed in Washington. Additional information can be found here.