Things to Know
- License expires every 2 years on your birthday
- You can renew 120 days before your license expires
Before You Renew
- You must use Google Chrome as your browser and turn the Chrome pop-up blocker off before you start your renewal.
- You’ll need a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) login to renew online. If you don't have one, you'll create it before you start your renewal. How to set up a SAW account.
- Add Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors service through the Department of Licensing to your account.
- Check your contact information and update it online.
- Be prepared to answer legal background questions and provide documents, if needed.
- Additional questions see the FAQ Professional License Renewal: https://brpels.wa.gov/about-us/frequently-asked-questions.
What You'll Need
- Documents ready to upload, if applicable.
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit or debit card to pay renewal fee.
Professional Land Surveyors and Licensed On-site Designers:
If you received an audit letter, you will need to have your Professional Development Log and supporting documentation ready to upload.
Want to Renew by Mail?
- Follow the instructions on your renewal letter.
- No renewal notice? Submit a Renewal Application.