- You must pass the Law Review as part of the application process. This take-home exam covers the following Washington State laws and rules:
- RCW 18.210: On-site wastewater treatment systems – designer licensing
- RCW 18.235: Uniform regulation of business and professions act
- WAC 196-30: Fees for on-site wastewater treatment designers and inspectors
- WAC 196-32: On-site wastewater treatment system designer licenses/inspector certificates of competency
- WAC 196-33: Rules of professional practices for licensees designing on-site wastewater treatment systems
- WAC 196-34: Continuing education of licensed professional on-site wastewater treatment system designers and certified inspectors
Note: You must pass the Law Review before you can be approved to take the 4-hour licensing exam. If you fail the Law Review, you may retake it after you receive notice you didn't pass.
- You must pass the 4-hour On-site Designer Licensing Exam to get your license.
On-site Designer Licensing Exams are administered twice a year.
Application and reschedule deadline
|March 24, 2023||Application and reschedule deadline February 24, 2023|
|September 22, 2023||Application and reschedule deadline August 25, 2023|
Check out the Washington State On-Site Designer/Inspector Blueprint effective Fall 2019 exam administration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get my test results?
Because the exam is pass/fail, you won't receive your exam scores if you pass the test. If you fail the test, we'll tell you how many answers you got correct in each content area but won't tell you which specific answers were incorrect. Scores are usually available 8-10 weeks after the exam.
Can I review a failed exam?
No, reviews of exams aren't permitted. All candidates who fail the exam are provided a scoring breakdown in the subject areas covered by the exam.
How do I reschedule an exam?
You may ask to take the next available exam by submitting the Reexam or Exam Reschedule Application with a check or money order payable to the Department of Licensing for the appropriate rescheduling fee to:
Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
Department of Licensing
PO Box 3777
Seattle, WA 98124-3777
Your request and fee must be postmarked by the reschedule deadlines above.