Taking the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) Exam
Eligibility for taking the fundamentals of land surveying exam requires completion and verification of four years of experience. These four years can be achieved through board approved education; board approved practical experience or a combination of both.
Reference WAC 196-21.
Before you apply for the fundamentals of land surveying exam, you must have one of the following:
- Senior standing in an .
- A bachelor's degree in an .
- A 2-year associate degree in a board-approved surveying program and 2 years of board-approved work experience.
- 4 years of board-approved work experience
- Completion of a 2-year surveying program may count toward the 4-year requirement.
How to Apply
If you want your education considered, request your school to submit official transcripts to NCEES.
Login or sign up to apply.
- You will be redirected to Secure Access Washington (SAW)
- Access our service Board of Registration for Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors (BRPELS)
- Work experience
- A combination of education and work experience
- Send the Land Surveyor-In-Training Experience and Verification form to your verifier
Submit your application via email to: email@example.com
How to get Certified as a Land Surveyor-In-Training
To obtain a certification as an Land Surveyor-In-Training in Washington you must first pass the FS exam and submit a certification application to the board that shows you meet the requirements listed in WAC 196-21-010.
- If you have already submitted the LSIT registration application form, you do not need to submit a certification application request.